Scratched unceremoniously onto the exterior wall of the Sephora outpost in the Meatpacking District:
- It’s hard to decide what’s best about this:
- the fact that someone bothered to scratch Zappa’s name anywhere;
- that one lowercase letter;
- that fact that he (the graffitor was, undoubtedly, male) specifically opted to do it on the exterior of a posh beauty products ’boutique’ situated in a 1%-playground nabe, considering FZ’s well-documented take on both the dolls and the dolling up for which such environs are renowned;
- the half-hearted removal attempt, which made it approximately one good stroke after the do-goodnik admitted defeat on that all-important first character.
“Now did you cause . . . this misery . . .”